Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Pintrest project

Since I have a ton of time on my hands I have been working on a ton of different projects for the babies room. I have become quite the sewer in the last month or so. Some projects I have made are curtains for the baby room, bibs, two changing table cover, two blankets one quilted/tied, the other just something simple, and a nursing cover.I'm also currently working on crocheting a hat for him as well. My next project I wanted to start working on was something different. I love sewing but I wanted to do something more hands on. So I found thing cute little dresser type thing on pintrest, it looked pretty simple to make and since I have an amazing Grandpa who is really good with his hands and working with wood I thought this could be a good bonding experience for him, benj and I. He used to be an Engineer so he is very precise.
How I made this is I got a simple cheap dresser that has four drawers. I took the two top drawers out and took out the inside lining that holds the dresser up. We then took a piece of wood and put in on the bottom half to cover the third dresser so you couldnt see inside of it. and then cut more wood to hold a dowel so I could hang up baby's clothes the two bottom drawers are used for onsies he will wear under his outfits as well as pants and the other for pajamas and his hats he has. We also decided to paint it. I have decorated his room in brown and green stripes and polka dots, with monkeys. The dresser we bought had a shiny wood covering over top of it. We didnt realize how hard it would be for painting. So after covering it with two layers of white paint and figuring out how easy the white paint peeled off we had peeled the paint off and started over. This time sanding down the whole dresser before painting it this time. It worked soo much better. We covered then repainted it with not two but three coats of white and then polka doted it with green and brown polka dots. We did the polka dots by taking card stock and dye cutting out small and big circles and then spray painting inside the circles.

It turned out super cute so I thought I would share it all with you.



1 comment:

  1. That is sooo cool! wow! what a great idea! Turned out super cute Lorna!

    ReplyDelete